Special Offers for Museum Store Sunday
November 22, 2019
(Columbus, OH)— On Sunday, December 1, 2019, the museum stores in Columbus, Ohio will join the international Museum Store Sunday. Museum stores worldwide offer quality gifts filled with inspiration and educational value to consumers, with all purchases supporting their parent institutions.
Museum Store Sunday takes place in more than 1,200 museum stores representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia, 15 countries, and four continents. The stores will offer inspired shopping inside museums and cultural institutions December 1, 2019.
“We are delighted to participate in Museum Store Sunday and offer a one-of-a-kind shopping experience on the first of December,” said Becky Wildman, manager of the Statehouse Museum Shop. “Our Columbus museum stores have unique gifts and creations by local artists. Museum Store Sunday is a day of discounts, samples and special offers. We invite everyone to ‘Be A Patron,’ with every purchase from our museum stores directly supporting the museums of central Ohio.”
The day is coordinated by the Museum Store Association (MSA). Susan Tudor, President of the MSA Board of Directors and Manager of Visitor Services and Store Buyer for the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida, continued, “Consumers around the world can shop and give gifts with purpose from their local museum stores on Museum Store Sunday. Proceeds from these purchases help sustain the museums’ service to the public at the same time. Museum Store Sunday highlights the opportunity for the public to support their local businesses, give back to their community through patronage of their local non-profit museums, find unique holiday gifts, and enjoy an entertaining and educational shopping experience at their favorite museums with family and friends, all at the same time.”
Museum Store Sunday has quickly become the
global annual day to Be a Patron
– and shop conscientiously and support museum stores and their missions worldwide. While there is only one Museum Store Sunday each year, everyone is encouraged to Be a Patron
of museums and museum stores all year round.
Each store features unique offers and discounts during Museum Store Sunday. For more information on events and promotions in Columbus, please visit our websites.
Columbus Museum of Art Museum Store
, Pam Edwards, 614-221-6801, Pam.Edwards@cmaohio.org
Franklin Park Conservatory, Botanica Gift Shop & Greenhouse, https://www.fpconservatory.org/explore/botanica-gift-shop-greenhouse/
- Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Select from our wide variety of creative goods handmade locally and well-made from around the world.
- 20% off all regularly priced merchandise for CMA members
- Free parking and gift wrap with any purchase
- Free general admission to the Columbus Museum of Art for everyone
- Enter to win a deluxe gift basket worth over $200.
, Kathy Steedman, 614-715-8000, KSteedman@fpconservatory.org
Friends of the Library Store, Columbus Metropolitan Library, https://friendsofcml.com/the-library-store/
- Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m.
- 20% discount on hand-blown glass ornaments made in our conservatory hot shop
- 20% discount on trained and finished bonsai trees
, Diane Colony, 614-849-1008, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelton House Museum and Garden Museum Sho
- Open 1-5 p.m.
- We will be selling the "Big Book," written by children from each of the library branches.
- Reception on Sunday to present the books to the parents.
- Friends of the Library will roll out our new membership program.
, Georgeanne Reuter, 614-464-2022, KeltonHouse@cs.com
Ohio History Store, Ohio History Connectio
- Open 1-4 p.m.
- 20% off Holiday ornaments
, Jim Riley, 614-297-2621, email@example.com
Statehouse Museum Shop, Ohio Statehous
- Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Programs and special appearances by sports figures.
- 20% off of Ohio: Champion of Sports merchandise.
- Special “Collection of Champ pins,” the exhibit mascot, now available as a set.
, Becky Wildman, 614-728-9234, BWildman@ohiostatehouse.org
- Open 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- 20% off the 2019 Statehouse Ornament
- Free Parking in the Statehouse Underground garage with a $5 purchase.
- Free gift wrap
- Food Samples
- Drawing for $100 gift basket when you sign up for our mail list
, Marcie Matthews, 614-404-3523, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wexner Center for the Arts Museum
- Join us for special shopping on Museum Store Sunday.
, Marlin Hauff, 614-629-3109, MHauff@wexarts.org
- Open 12-5 p.m.
- 10% off all full-price items
- 20% off full-price items for members of any museum in Ohio
- Free gift wrap
- Free button with every purchase
For up-to-date information on Museum Store Sunday and a list of global museum store participants, visit www.museumstoresunday.org
Follow Museum Store Sunday on Instagram at @museumstoresunday and Twitter @museumsunday
Like Museum Store Sunday on Facebook at facebook.com/museumstoresunday
About the Museum Store Association (MSA)
The Museum Store Association is a 501(c)3 international organization with the mission of advancing the non-profit retail industry, its museum stores, and the success of the professionals engaged in it. MSA offers educational information and programs throughout the year culminating in an annual conference and trade show highlighting the best in the industry. By advocating for and encouraging high standards of curated products, knowledge, and professionalism, MSA helps museum stores and their non-profit retail professionals better serve their institutions and the public. For more information visit www.museumstoreassociation.org
Museum Store Association, Inc.
2025 M Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036 USA
Tel: 202-367-1106, FAX: 202-367-2104
For More Information in Columbus Please Contact:
Statehouse Museum Shop Manager, Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board
For More Information on the international shopping day, Museum Store Sunday, Contact:
Hello PR Group
Marisa Jones Issa, email@example.com
, Tel. 323-452-3310, Mobile 323-989-2925
Erinn Cortez, firstname.lastname@example.org
, Tel. 323-452-3310, Mobile 323-813-5211