COLUMBUS, OHIO – Happy birthday, Ohio! Head to the Ohio Statehouse for a celebration 214 years in the making Sunday, March 5 from 12 to 3 p.m. Attendees will participate in art projects, experience an Ohio symbols Statehouse tour, and explore the Statehouse Museum with a scavenger hunt. Also, organizations from across the Capital City and the State of Ohio will be on hand offering activities, travel information and educational exhibits.
Event schedule and location:
12 to 3 p.m. Activity Tables, Atrium
- Create an Ohio birthday hat and join in activities provided by community partners.
2 to 3 p.m. Birthday Treats, Rotunda
- Join us for snacks and trivia! Test your knowledge of Ohio with trivia and prizes while enjoying birthday treats.
12 to 4 p.m. Free Guided Tours, Map Room
- Public tours of the Ohio Statehouse will begin at 12, 1, 2 and 3 p.m.
- Ohio symbols tours will begin at 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.
- Pick up a Statehouse Scavenger Hunt to complete while you explore the Ohio Capitol.
This family-friendly event is the perfect way to enjoy a day downtown on Capitol Square. At 2 p.m. be sure to join the party in the Rotunda for a special birthday surprise! This event is free and open to the public! Affordable on-site parking is available in the Ohio Statehouse parking garage.
Community event partners include:
- Columbus Historical Society
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- Hilliard Historical Society
- Ohio Attorney General's Office
- Ohio Paper Folders
- Orton Geological Museum at The Ohio State University
- Tourism Ohio
To view this press release and others, visit the Ohio Statehouse website.
Members of the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board (CSRAB) will meet Thursday, April 27, 2017 at the Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus. The business meeting will be held in the State Room (...[+] Read More
On the morning of April 29, 1865 the body of slain President Abraham Lincoln was laid in repose at the Ohio Statehouse. From 9:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. an estimated 50,000 Ohioans paid their respects t...[+] Read More
Flags at the Ohio Statehouse will fly at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Thursday, April 6, 2017 in honor of John Glenn and his exceptional career of public service.
G...[+] Read More
Happy birthday, Ohio! Head to the Ohio Statehouse for a celebration 214 years in the making Sunday, March 5 from 12 to 3 p.m. Attendees will participate in art projects, experience...[+] Read More