Ohio Statehouse Damaged During Protest
May 29, 2020
West Rotunda Doors of the Ohio Statehouse, High St. side
The Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board (CSRAB) is responsible for maintaining the historic character of the Ohio Statehouse and Capitol Square while providing for the health, safety and convenience of those who work in or visit the complex.
The following damage occurred during the protest at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio on Thursday night. This list may be updated as we continue our assessment.
- Windows: 28 Statehouse window panes shattered along the West and South sides of the Statehouse, as well as damage to the wood frames.
- Damage to the State St. door
- Damage to the West Rotunda doors
- West Plaza
- North Plaza
- East Plaza
- Fire damage to flags in flower beds
- Flower bed damage from fire
- South Plaza
- Bench, SE Node (Granite and bench damaged)
There was no damage to the Atrium or Senate Building. Many of the trash cans on the exterior were dumped and thrown. Some cans missing, lids missing, cans dented.
At this point CSRAB does not have an assessment of the costs.
# # #