This blue flag was designed by a local artist in August 1974. It features a round logo. An image of the County Courthouse and an outline of Sandusky County appear within a yellow circle. Sandusky County was established in 1820. The name comes from a Native American word for cold water or "water within water pools." Sources: Knepper, George W. ed., Tanya West Dean, and W. David Speas. Along the Ohio Trail: A Short History of Ohio Lands. Columbus: Auditor of State, Jim Petro, 2001.