The Hardin County flag is green in background, representing the agricultural background of Hardin County. White stars represent the fifteen townships of the county. The county was organized in 1833 and this date is displayed in the center of the flag. An original flag for the County was designed by former County Commissioner, Stuart Rogers and Rodney K. Rogers and was sewn by Mrs. Delores Warmbrod. This flag was made for the dedication of the gazebo and flagpoles at the Hardin County Fairgrounds and first flown September 4, 1984. The current flag has been reproduced in green nylon with white printing, through a silk screening process. The county was named after Colonel John Hardin who was executed by Native Americans while on a peace mission in 1792.