The center circle of this white flag shows the Darke County Courthouse and the date the county was organized, 1817. On the red banner below, a quill pen and calumet pipe remind us of the Treaty of Greenville in 1789. This important document was signed at Fort Greenville. Each of the 20 yellow stars are marked with the names and dates of a township. Mary Profitt designed this flag, and it was adopted on June 19, 2002. Darke County was named after Gen. William Darke of the Revolutionary War.